We are aiming to bring together as much Land Rover knowledge as possible and to do that we need to embrace the knowledge of the wider Land Rover owner community. Along the way you can earn 'spanners' which leads to more features being unlocked on the site.
This is how you can help:
Having an image on your account brings some personality to the community.
Adding a profile picture earns 30 spanners.
Writing reviews of parts
The main purpose of this site is to gather knowledge and pass it throughout the community. Having a centralised place to warn others of poor quality parts, or recommend good quality parts, is key to this. Reviews you write a rewarded handsomely.
Each review you submit gains you 50 spanners. You get 5 spanners every time someone marks your review as helpful
Voting for reviews
If you read a review that you thought was helpful, click the "Yes" button to let the author know!
Voting "thanks" for a review gives the author 5 spanners
A picture speaks a thousand words. Very often the parts shown on diagrams don't match what are like in the real world. Having an image allows us to see if it's the part we want. It is also useful see how an aftermarket part compares to a genuine part.
The first image uploaded for a part or connector earns 25 spanners. Otherwise you will earn 10 spanners for your first 3 images per part/connector.
Suggesting names for new parts
When a new part is searched on the site, it's added to the database and needs a name.
Suggesting the first name for a part earns you 15 spanners
Writing retailer reviews
You receive 25 spanners for the first review you make of each retailer.
We have put together some guidelines to help ensure the information we receive is relevant, accurate and adds value to other users. Before contributing, please ensure you are happy with our Termini e condizioni. In exceptional cases may remove content if we feel that it doesn't follow the guidelines closely enough.
Connector and part images
- Use a flat background, ideally cardboard/white paper
- Ensure the lighting is good. Use a flash if in direct sunlight to ensure there are no dark shaded areas
- Position the part centrally in the image
- Get close so that the part fills as much of the image as possible. The camera's macro setting is great for this
- Take several pictures from different angles
- For parts, include any packaging you have so we know what brand the part is
- For connectors, include a back face showing the wires and a front face including the pins
- No advertising, such as images including a business logo
- Short and descriptive names, e.g. "Lower link to chassis bush" not "Suspension bush"
- Suffix the name if it appears amongst others of the same type and add it as a tag, e.g. "Lower link to chassis bush - 90"
- Use wording common amongst LR owners, rather than LR official wording, e.g. "loom" not "harness",
"shock absorber" not "damper", "without EGR" not "less EGR"
- Leave extended information for the comments
- Please not in all CAPS LOCK :)